3.1.10

Monday: Pear and Cranberry crumble


Sometimes the best thing in life is fruit, simply baked and topped with some available crunch.

Made on Sunday to enjoy on Monday. Hello! I am glad you came by ...

Pear and Cranberry crumble
4 or 5 large very ripe pears
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup homemade cranberry sauce
2 flax seed or other crunchy type granola bars crushed up
light cream for the top

Peel and slice the pears. Smear 1 tablespoon of butter around a 7 inch pie plate. Arrange the pear slices around the plate. Spoon the cranberry sauce on top in a nice pattern. Cut up the remaining butter into dots and place on top. Finally sprinkle the crushed granola bars over the top of the fruit. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350F and serve warm with a splash of cream over all.

8 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea for your daughter, she will love it! And so will the rest of us... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much heather for the vote of confidence! i do so hope that everyone will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. clever! i was saying today that i want to serve dessert more often this year - but hearty and wholesome desserts. just like this one. adding it to my list. (do you have a special cranberry sauce recipe?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi shiningegg -
    cranberry sauce! yes. i do. will post this one soon as well, we come from a long line of cranberry sauce lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea. I'm so glad I found you (through Heather's posting) I'm a foodie at heart so I'm going to enjoy reading here daily and trying some of your recipes. I was thinking I should have another blog myself but just can't find the time. Oh I wish I had your energy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm adding you to my RSS reader. This is so fresh and fun. (I found you via Heather.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aargh. Not sure what happened to my name in the above comment. It should be Jodi Anderson. (www.jodianderson.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi rita! and jodi! thanks for stopping by ... and of course thanks to heather for pointing you in this direction...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and Bon Appetit!