22.3.10

Wednesday: Coconut pancakes



I know you are missing these in France dear daughter. When you told me that, however, I had little sympathy - what with croissant, baguette, pain au chocolat? Mais non, today I made these just for you and realized how they are not too shabby and plain. You of course can make them too in your petit cuisine!

In a small bowl:
Whip an egg with
1/2 cup soy or moo milk
1 to 1 and 1/2 cup flour
3 tbs melted butter or oil
1 tsp baking powder
healthy dash of cinnamon
Add more flour to make puffier pancakes (see the amounts above). Heat up a frying pan with a tiny bit of butter until quite hot. Pour the batter on and then sprinkle a tablespoon of coconut on the raw side. When golden on the underside, flip and cook until done!
Eat with maple syrup if you are able to - or I was thinking Nutella would make these babies dessert - an Almond Joy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and Bon Appetit!